Skip to main content
This section is included in your selections.

Target Population: The target population, defined in California Government Code Section 65582(i), means persons with low incomes who have one (1) or more disabilities, including mental illness, HIV or AIDS, substance abuse, or other chronic health condition, or individuals with developmental disabilities who are eligible for services under the California Welfare and Institutions Code (commencing with Section 4500).

Target Unit: Means a dwelling unit within a Housing Development that will be reserved for sale or rent to, and affordable to, Very Low or Lower Income Households, or Qualifying Residents. In determining the maximum Affordable Rent or Affordable Sales Price of Target Units the following household and unit size assumptions shall be used, unless the Housing Development is subject to different assumptions imposed by other governmental regulations:




SRO (residential hotel) unit

75% of 1 person

0 bedroom (studio)

1 person

1 bedroom

2 persons

2 bedroom

3 persons

3 bedroom

4 persons

4 bedroom

6 persons

(See Section 314-112.1, Residential Density Bonus, for further discussion. Also see, “Affordable Rent,” “Affordable Sales Price,” “Qualifying Residents,” “Lower Income Households,” “Very Low Income Households.”) (From Section INL#316.4-2(o); Added by Ord. 2166, Sec. 31, 4/7/98)

Temporary Recreational Vehicle Park: “Temporary Recreational Vehicle Park” has the same meaning as stated in Section 18217 of the California Health and Safety Code (Temporary Recreational Vehicle Park), which is any area or tract of land or a separate designated section within a manufactured home park where one or more lots are rented or leased or held out for rent or lease to owners or users of recreational vehicles, and which is established for one occupancy not to exceed 11 consecutive days, and is then removed. (Former Section INL#312-67.2; Added by Ord. 2166, Sec. 8, 4/7/98)

Tent Camp: “Tent Camp” has the same meaning as stated in Title 25, California Code of Regulations, Section 2208 (Definitions - Tent Camp). “Tent Camps” are any area or tract of land where one or more lots are rented or leased or held out for rent or lease for the exclusive use of camping parties. (Former Section INL#312-17, INL#312-67.3; Ord. 519, Sec. 217, 5/11/65; Amended by Ord. 2166; Sec. 8, 4/7/98; Amended by Ord. 2214, 6/6/00)

Timberland: “Timberland” means land other than land owned by the federal government which is available for and capable of growing a crop of trees or upon which there are trees of any commercial species used to produce lumber and other forest products. (Former Section INL#312-68; Ord. 1057, Sec. 1, 12/8/75)

Timber Production: “Timber production” means the cutting or removal or both of timber and solid wood forest products from timberlands for commercial purposes, together with all the work incidental thereto, including but not limited to construction and maintenance of roads, fuelbreaks, firebreaks, stream crossing, landings, skid trails, beds for the felling of trees, and fire hazard abatement. Timber production does not include cutting or removal of timber for creating building pads and access to a legal building site when such cutting or removal is approved as a part of the building and/or encroachment permit and removal of diseased and/or dangerous trees which have no commercial value. Removal or harvest of incidental vegetation from timberlands such as berries, ferns, greenery, mistletoe, herbs, and other products, which action cannot normally be expected to result in a threat to forest, air, water, or soil resources, does not constitute timber production. (Former Section INL#312-69; Ord. 1057, Sec. 2, 12/8/75; Amended by Ord. 1235, Sec. 2, 6/13/78)

Timber Products Processing Plants: Timber product processing plants are buildings and premises for the commercial processing of wood and wood products, including but not limited to sawmills, lumber mills and plywood mills, but not including pulp mills. Pulp mills shall be classified as heavy industrial uses and shall be permitted in the zones designed to accommodate such uses with a Use Permit. (Former Section INL#312-70; Ord. 542, Sec. 3, 2/8/66)


A structure intended for separate, independent living quarters, designed as a permanent, year-round residence for one (1) household that:

1.Is built or installed on a permanent foundation or anchored with a foundation system meeting the State approved requirements for manufactured housing, or that is designed by a licensed architect or engineer to meet those requirements;

2.Is no larger than four hundred (400) square feet;

3.Has at least one hundred twenty (120) square feet of first floor interior living space;

4.Is a detached self-contained unit which includes basic functional areas that support normal daily routines such as cooking, sleeping, and sanitation.

Transient: When used in conjunction with boarding or lodging, it means services that are charged for in units of less than one (1) month and where the majority of people utilizing such services remain for periods of less than three (3) months. (Former Section INL#312-71; Ord. 519, Sec. 270, 5/11/65; Amended by Ord. 2166, Sec. 9, 4/7/98)

Transient Habitation: (See Commercial Use Types, Transient Habitation, in Section D, Part 2, Glossary of Use Types.)

Transitional Housing: Rental housing that operates under a rental assistance program with a period of at least six (6) months, but where the space is reoccupied by another program recipient after a set period. The housing may be integrated with other social services and counseling programs to assist in the transition to income and permanent housing.

Turkey Farm: A place at which turkeys are bred and raised for commercial purposes. (Added by Ord. 2214, 6/6/00 (Ord. 2335, 12/14/2004; Ord. 2472, § 1, 2/14/2012; Ord. 2650, § 3, 9/1/2020; Ord. 2721, § 3, 7/11/2023)